WP Engine Hosting is one of the best managed Word Press hosting available for web developers who wish to take a hands-off style to website development. The plans offered by WP Engine aren’t exactly inexpensive. As a result, before buying a product, you’ll want to know if this web host is worth the money.
WP Engine is the best Word Press hosting provider for managed hosting, with exceptional reliability, a high-performance hosting infrastructure, real-time threat protection, and professional hosting options. It will be a complete WP Engine hosting review, with an in-depth look at their products.
Why We Use the WP Engine
- WPEngine is a managed wordpress hosting service. Thus, it’s ideal for individuals who prefer to use a web hosting service. If you have a smaller website with a few hundred monthly visitors, however, there are considerably less expensive solutions that perform quite as well as WP Engine.
- On the other hand, WPEngine is for those concerned about the technical side of web hosting service but do not have to get their team involved. WPEngine could be the companion of your dreams if site speed, privacy, backup, cloud platform adaptability, migration, and optimization keep you awake at night.
- This managed WordPress hosting company for professional Word Press developers allows you to create new websites or adjust to existing ones. WP Engine’s integrative framework will enable developers to build, publish, and take over a site.
- WP Engine Hosting provides managed hosting for Word Press websites. You are not required to choose between dedicated servers, virtual private servers, shared servers, and so on. WP Engine is an excellent choice if you want to take a hands-off method to website hosting and server maintenance for a modest to high-traffic website.
Features Included With WP Engine Hosting Plan
1. Automatically Managed Updates
Automatic updates have been available in Word Press for a long time. Managed WordPress hosting, on the other hand, can go a step even more by automatically implementing security fixes as soon as they are released, just like they do with significant Word Press version updates. Some organizations will even warn you ahead of such adjustments if necessary, ensuring that you always have enough time to get ready.
2. Automatic and Manual Backups
Because of Word Press’s success, specialized hosting can make the backup process more efficient, effective, and dependable. Furthermore, having your host maintain regular backups makes things simpler to recover your site if something goes wrong. Since your host is in the perfect situation to comprehend the fixed infrastructure of Word Press, you can have them produce frequent backups that you can use.
3. Automated Word Press Installation
Automated Word Press installation feature enables you to have a new Word Press website up and running in minutes. A complete Word Press installation will be produced for you when you need a new site. All you have to do is fill out a brief form with some administrative and website information.
4. Better Caching
Your host must still run WordPress before sending the cached page, even if you use a WordPress caching plugin. However, with server-level caches, your host can bypass the WordPress application and provide the cached page instead, resulting in even more excellent performance.
5. Increased Security
Managed WordPress Hosting providers can keep a better eye on things and respond more swiftly and effectively than their competitors regarding WordPress-related security vulnerabilities.
6. Improved WordPress Support
Your experience with support will vary depending on the company. Still, I believe it’s fair to assume that a typical managed WordPress host’s support knows a great deal more about WordPress than an ordinary non-specialist owner’s help. Again, because WordPress is a single system, any developed issues are easier to resolve.
Types of WP Engine Hosting
WP Engine Hosting comes in various types, just like any other hosting. Let’s take a look at the four most frequent choices.
1. WP Engine WordPress Hosting for Business
Use the quickest WordPress hosting for businesses to power your website. With lightning-fast load speeds, world-class security, and a superior website experience for customers, you can improve site traffic and conversion rates.
Some of the best WP Engine WordPress Hosting for Business features are below:
- Fastest Performance
With the WP Engine, WordPress Hosting for Business is a well-optimized platform that significantly improves site speed. It’s good for your business and excellent for your visitors.
- Secure your site
Automatic WordPress updates, managed upgrades, daily backups, and constant website monitoring are available. All of this contributes to the security of your website, allowing you to concentrate on your business.
- Consistently deliver exceptional results
Boost WordPress website efficiency with scalability and redundancy solutions that include built-in surge capacity.
2. WP Engine Premier: The Enterprise Word Press Platform
The Premier solution from WP Engine uses a combination of open-source with enterprise-grade security, SOC-2 compliance, enterprise infrastructure with built-in surge capacity, and high availability.
It also contains solutions for creative flexibility and developer adaptability, performance analytics, and a world-class customer success team, all of which help accelerate time to market and optimize ongoing operations.
Some of the best WP Engine Premier features are below:
- Advanced Security
Managed Web Application Firewall and Enhanced DDoS protection, automatic machine-learning plugin management, and event logs and dashboards are just a few of the capabilities that may help you defend your business.
- Uptime Protection
A dedicated environment developed with built-in surge capacity in a multi-zone architecture with three-tier architecture providing durability and failure protection of business-critical sites will keep you up and running.
- Customer Success
Award-winning 24-hour support, WordPress updates, personal onboarding, an excellent client success team for executive business evaluations, and tips for debugging issues at the code level with application performance analysis are all available to protect your company.
3. WP Engine WooCommerce Hosting
WP Engine has long been regarded as one of the leading managed WordPress hosting companies. However, they’ve just offered a generic managed WordPress package for most of their existence.
WP Engine introduced new dedicated eCommerce hosting plans that included everything in the ordinary WP Engine plans and various WooCommerce-specific features and optimizations.
Some of the best WP Engine WooCommerce Hosting features are below:
- Dedicated E-commerce Store Optimizer Plugin
If you use WP Engine’s Woo Commerce installers to set up your site, they’ll install an eCommerce Store Optimization plugin for you, which they claim will ‘increase sales on your eCommerce store. With performance improvements, attractive page layouts, and an easy setup experience.
- Dedicated Woo commerce Blocks And Layouts
WP Engine includes the Genesis Blocks Pro plugin, which creates extra blocks and layouts to the WordPress Editor for free to help you make your store.
- Bundled Smart Automatic Plugin Updates
The Smart Plugin Manager feature of WP Engine corrects this by incorporating visual inspection into the update cycle. After the initial upgrade, it will test 20 different pages to see how your site looks. WP Engine will roll your site back to the backup they took a right before the update if anything appears changed.
WP Engine Plans and Prices
- Startup Plan: WP engine hosting costs $25 per monthly, paid yearly, and the most significant stumbling block is the 25,000-visitor limit. WP Engine has the benefit of purchasing a hosting package for up to X number of visits; you can rest assured that their servers will manage it flawlessly.
- Professional Plan: You can host three websites with up to 75,000 visitors each. Although storage is limited to 15GB, it should be sufficient for most websites. You’ll have to pay $25 monthly, which a reasonable amount is considering what you get.
- Growth Plan: It’s a significant step up from the Starter plan, with it all roughly increased by four. So it’s $45.83 more costly, but you get four times as many monthly active users (100,000). The bandwidth has been increased from 50GB to 200GB.
- Scale Plan: Another significant rise, this time to $241.67 per month for only 400,000 monthly visits. You get the same benefits as the Growth Plan in terms of capability, so it’s really about more monitoring monthly visits than anything, and 50GB of local storage and 500GB bandwidth can be very useful.
- Custom Plans: You can also choose from various customized corporate plans to accommodate more visitors. Prices vary widely, but I’ll tell you about our own experiences. The cheapest Custom plan is $6,000 per year and is suitable for up to 1 million visitors. It would have worked better to remain on the Scale plan and pay the extra visiting rates because it is too far away.
WP Engine Performance
Whether you’re getting a few thousand people per day to an eCommerce shopping experience or millions of visits per day to your content, your user experience must be accessible and load quickly to engage and impress your consumers. WP Engine cloud-hosting services provide high reliability, performance, adaptability, and safety for your websites, allowing you to proceed with assurance.
- Partnering with the finest cloud providers: WP Engine works with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform to produce high-quality experiences built on the same business infrastructure used to operate their businesses. Thanks to wp engine cloud hosting, your site will be online and loading quickly no matter wherever your visitors are in the world.
- High-availability solutions: Your WordPress online platform must be dependable to maintain visitors and promote your company. WP Engine delivers data center availability and uptime protection to ensure that your site loads when it should. In the odd event that something goes wrong with your site, our automated site restoration will get you back up and running quickly.
- Lightning-fast load times: You can’t negotiate site speed to compete effectively in a global business, particularly throughout a traffic spike. Customers can rely on them for speed because of their unique caching technology, fully-managed worldwide CDN, and flexible design, all of which are designed for WordPress.
- Enterprise-grade security: WP Engine hosting solution helps you prevent severe brand dangers with enterprise-grade security capabilities. WP Engine provides users with managed WordPress patches and updates, threat detection and filtering, and traffic encryption with free SSL certificates. So you may produce and publish without worry. A specialized security engineering group handles code analysis and performs security.
Pros and Cons of WP Engine?
Prons of WP-Engine Hosting
- Speed & Performance: Many factors affect website speed, but the general rule is that the more complicated your site is, the more complex the speed solutions become. A slow website does not need the purchase of a larger, more powerful server. It does imply that you must improve your speed assessment. It might be as easy as upgrading to a more capable server. Still, it can also be as complex as caching specific resources in a particular order and optimizing your files.
It’s here that managed WordPress hosting comes in handy. WP Engine hosting takes care of (almost) all performance issues. They have specialized servers with extensive caching and a “stack” that is even more complex than a conventional web host. They also have trained help who will dig into your WordPress installation and pinpoint the exact bottleneck to have your site up and running.
- Security: WP Engine uses those best practices and implements them for you, such as speed and reliability. They keep regular backups off-site and ready for action if something goes wrong. Because you have an “install” on their server, they handle many security problems on a worldwide scale.
In addition to having its group, WP Engine collaborates extensively with prominent security organizations on code reviews. They also ensure that if your account is hacked, they will fix it for free.
- Customer Support: Since its beginning, customer service has been a crucial component of WP Engine’s appeal. After all, they’re marketing a service (managed hosting) rather than a product. Understandably, they would prioritize support.
WP engine expert was able to get on the phone. Still, they can also rapidly assist us in flipping the switch and resolving several issues, such as publishing a non-HTTP sitemap and fixing unsafe image links inside WordPress.
- Value-added costs: WP Engine is not inexpensive. Their Starter plan is $30 per month and provides a single installation and a monthly limit of 25,000 visits.
WP Engine’s pricing is incredible for sure site owners when you break it down by combined value and factor with your own time. And if you lose any visitors as a result of a poor plugin update, it could easily be WP Engine’s entire monthly fee.
Cons of WP-Engine Engine
- Initial and Ongoing Difficulty: WP Engine does things differently to accomplish performance, reliability, and scalability. And the distinction can be pretty perplexing – especially if you only have a smattering of expertise with hosting setups. Their backend setup has improved. It’s cleaner, but it’s still a tradition. It’s not at all like a standard cPanel hosting backend. They also don’t give DNS name servers, unlike most other hosting businesses.
- Limited Flexibility: His disadvantage is also due to WP Engine’s unusual design. All installations on their platform should be similar for their design to work as efficiently as possible. WP Engine goes a step further in defining what you can and can’t have on your WordPress install, as well as offering tiered overage charges to prevent a seasonal spike in traffic and internal storage usage.
If you run a seasonality business or wish to increase the number of visitors to your site, you’ll need to figure in additional hosting costs. They put a limit on how adaptable you can be with your advertising.
Furthermore, WP Engine does not support automated email marketing campaigns. This was something that my customer was asked to undertake, and they ended up needing to migrate to a new email provider in the middle of a campaign.
- Features and Usage: You usually pay for functionality with a WP Engine subscription, and you won’t have to worry about support, safety, or performance. When you compare WP Engine’s price to the features you get, it’s clear that you’re not receiving much.
- And, as previously said, it doesn’t even include most of the features that WP Engine’s plans don’t provide. Your servers are unable to send or receive emails. The amount of local media storage you have is limited. Just above the boundaries necessitates additional expenses and cloud service setup.
WP Engine Hosting is an excellent option if you want trouble-free web hosting services for your WordPress site, and WP Engine is ideal for newbies, bloggers, and companies who want to avoid wasting so much time on technical details and choose a managed WordPress hosting service that works. WP Engine’s powerful features will save professionals and freelancers time developing WordPress sites for clients. As their traffic grows, rising companies will have plenty of opportunities to increase the production of their hosting.
Managed WordPress hosting is similar to having a valet for your WordPress site. WordPress is a robust website builder and content management system. Upgrades, safety, backups, cache, and other features are all taken care of by managed hosting firms. This frees up time for you to concentrate on expanding your company. The cost of managed WordPress hosting is considerably higher than shared hosting.
WP Engine is not a shared hosting provider and does not provide services comparable to shared hosting plans. WP Engine is a managed WordPress hosting business that specializes in WordPress hosting.
WP Engine offers a modest edge over rivals like Kinsta, Flywheel, and other alternatives to managed WordPress hosting. Mainly due to improved technologies, customer experience, and customer support.
WP Engine costs more than Bluehost, HostGator, GoDaddy, DreamHost, even SiteGround, and shared hosting services.
WordPress multisite is a premium add-on on WP Engine’s Growth and Scale subscriptions. For the Startup plan, WordPress multisite is not supported. It’s included within an agency and corporate clients’ ‘Custom’ plans.
Yes, WP Engine is a good investment. WP Engine is the most acceptable expandable upgrading option, particularly if your organization has exceeded the constraints of shared hosting providers and shared VPS plans. It enables you to handle upgrades and security while expanding your websites as your company grows.
From your account user interface, you can discontinue your WP Engine hosting subscription at any moment. Consumers who have pre-paid yearly costs give a full refund for the first 60 days of hosting.
You can join our Starter plan if you only have one website to host. You could choose Growth or Scale plans if you have a more extensive website or handle many installations.